1 - Jurg Properties - Sutherland
. Sutherland. Northern Cape. 6920
Jurg Properties offers local buyers, Fraserburg, Williston, farms and commercial properties in Swellendam, residential, investors and visitors a comprehensive range…
2 - SUTHERLANDSE LANDBOUKOOPERASIE BEPERK - Sutherland
32 Sarel Cillier Street. Sutherland. Northern Cape. 6920
3 - Ab Clarke Welgedacht Farms - De Aar
33 Voortrekker Road. De Aar. Northern Cape. 7000
Would you like to get quality products from the best farms in Northern Cape Region?
It is nice to know where the food we eat comes from and see how farmers work. Also it is important to get to know farming methods and the quality of the production before buying their food. If you want to find the best local farms in Northern Cape Region, you are in the right place.
Different types of farms in Northern Cape Region
- Subsistence farm: it is also known as family farm, where the production is only enough for the family running the farm.
- Comercial farm: it is a family farm but they obtain some benefits by selling products.
- Crops farm: grain, vegetabes or fruit are grown in these farms.
- Dairy farm: they can be cow farms or sheep farms for example. They are focused on raising these animals to obtain milk for dairy products.
- Poultry farm: this livestock farm raise birds for either meat consumption or eggs.
- Meat farm: they are different types depending of the animal that is raised for meat production, for example pig farms.
What are good farming practices
The farm must follow some rules in order to guarantee safe food. Some of the goals tha these Good Farming Practices try to achive are:
- Reduce food safety risks during harvest
- Reduce food safety risks in the packhouse
- Reducing risks from animals and manure
- Safe uses of agricultural water
- Employee health and hygiene
Farming methods in Northern Cape Region
There are many farming methods beyond traditional farming, but there is one that stand out of the crowd: organic farming. Following this method, only natural products are used and there is no chemical used in the whole process. Among the organic farming benefits we can point out:
- Better nutrition
- Poison free
- Better taste
- Longers time of storage
Where to find the best nearby farms in Northern Cape Region
If you want to count with the best fresh quality products for your healthy diet, you must know where to get them from. Infoisinfo wants to ease your search and provides you with a list o the best farms in Northern Cape Region, phone numbers, adress and reviews.